ORIGIN: SOUTH AMERICA, SOUTHERN PARTS OF BOLIVIA THROUGH ARGENTINA
Lignum Vitae is a beautiful, naturally oily hardwood from Argentina; Lignum Vitae is the stuff of legends. Among commercially available hardwoods, it is widely regarded as the heaviest and hardest wood in the world. This weight and density make it a wonderful exotic choice for handles/scales. It varies in color from light olive or yellowish-green to deep brownish-green, so this color you see is actually the wood; we don't tint it in any way, preferring the tried and true properties of pure Tung Oil. We like to use traditional methods, and Tung Oil is about as traditional as it gets when it comes to coating woods; it improves and brightens the color of most wood and provides water resistance. It won't chip, crack or fade as many of the polymer-based coatings can. Another big benefit is that the oil can be touched up and reapplied throughout the life of the handles.
The beautiful premium rich American leather is complemented by a natural Lignum Vitae handle. Designed for both function and style, it makes a great everyday piece. Put a classic on your hip or that of someone you love today.
- Brass lanyard hole & scale pins.
- Mirror Polish finish.
- Improved heat treat for better hardness and edge.
- Constructed with 10 oz. domestic leather.
- Environmentally conscious natural vegetable leather tanning.
- Small batch American D2 high carbon steel custom manufactured specifically for Whiteknuckler Brand.
- Military-grade, meeting or exceeding: UNS T30402, ASTM A-681, QQ-T-570, JAE J437, SAE J438.
- Available in Black Oxide, Stonewash, or High Polish and custom Cerakote Colors in our custom section.
- Overall length is 7 inches with 3.5 inches of sharp surface or a bit less than the width of most men's hands (please see photos for scale).
All of our handmade fixed blades are produced with environmentally conscious practices and made in the USA.