American Black Walnut
LATIN: Juglans Nigra
ORIGIN: Eastern USA
An American classic, our American Black Walnut heartwood has a rich dark brown to purplish-black color. Mostly straight-grained, but with wavy or curly grain occasionally present. We hand finish these wood scales to a high level, but we like to leave the grain prominent and not over finishing it. Paired with a mirror polished American D2 Steel blade, it doesn't get more classic than that. If you want the wood to be American, then this is the right heirloom-quality piece. The color you will see is actually the wood; we don't tint it in any way, preferring the tried and true properties of pure Tung Oil. We like to use traditional methods, and Tung Oil is about as traditional as it gets when it comes to coating woods; it improves and brightens the color of most woods and provides water resistance. It won't chip, crack or fade as many of the polymer-based coatings can. Another big benefit is that the oil can be touched up and reapplied throughout the life of the handles.
All of our woods are stabilized and cured with proprietary processes in-house and hand-finished by our skilled team. We will repair or replace the scales without question should you experience a fracture (that can happen with natural materials).
- Brass lanyard hole & scale pins.
- Mirror Polished finish.
- Thumb grip jimping on the spine.
- Improved heat treat for better hardness and edge.
- The convertible sheath allows for both horizontal & vertical carry on your belt.
- Constructed with 10 oz. domestic leather.
- Environmentally conscious natural vegetable leather tanning.
- Small batch American D2 high carbon steel custom manufactured specifically for Whiteknuckler Brand.
- Military-grade, meeting or exceeding: UNS T30402, ASTM A-681, QQ-T-570, JAE J437, SAE J438.
- Overall length is 7 inches with 3.5 inches of sharp surface or a bit less than the width of most men's hands (please see photos for scale).
- Finger hole lockdown grip.
All of our American-made classics are produced with environmentally conscious practices and made in the USA.
You may also like
Made in America is the way to go and this piece of art is worth the money. Always wanted to own one and I have not been disappointed.
Great craftsmanship. I carry this knife everyday at work and around the farm. Has stood up to the abuse.
This company is Legit
If you want quality products you can depend on this company they make great products I’ve never been disappointing I bought several of their products
Greatest knife ever!
Hands down one of the nicest knifes I have ever bought super sharp and the craftsmanship is just over the top very satisfied with my purchase