American Black Walnut
LATIN: Juglans Nigra
ORIGIN: Eastern USA
An American classic, our American Black Walnut heartwood has a rich dark brown to purplish-black color. Mostly straight-grained, but with wavy or curly grain occasionally present. We hand finish these wood scales to a high level, but we like to leave the grain prominent and not over finishing it. Paired with a black oxide American D2 Steel blade, it doesn't get more classic than that. If you want the wood to be American, then this is the right heirloom-quality piece. The color you will see is actually the wood; we don't tint it in any way, preferring the tried and true properties of pure Tung Oil. We like to use traditional methods, and Tung Oil is about as traditional as it gets when it comes to coating woods; it improves and brightens the color of most woods and provides water resistance. It won't chip, crack or fade as many of the polymer-based coatings can. Another big benefit is that the oil can be touched up and reapplied throughout the life of the handles.
All of our woods are stabilized and cured with proprietary processes in-house and hand-finished by our skilled team. We will repair or replace the scales without question should you experience a fracture (that can happen with natural materials).
The natural American Black Walnut handle complements the beautiful premium rich American leather. Designed for both function and style, it makes a great everyday piece. Put a classic on your hip or that of someone you love today.
Most people who do scout carry a fixed blade knife, attach it to their belt in the small of their back or the front on the side position, slightly to the left at 6 o'clock or 11 o'clock. No matter how you do, the key is to ensure the handle points toward your dominant hand.
* For left-handed use, the snaps face up
* Popular with truckers and equipment operators, this position is out of the way when you sit, and you can easily access it as if you were standing.
* Scout / Horizontal is a firearm friendly carry position
* Belt in photos for reference only, not included with purchase
- Black Walnut handle.
- Brass lanyard hole & scale pins.
- Black Oxide finish.
- Improved heat treat for better hardness and edge.
- Constructed with 10 oz. domestic leather.
- Environmentally conscious natural vegetable leather tanning.
- Small batch American D2 high carbon steel custom manufactured specifically for Whiteknuckler Brand.
- Military-grade, meeting or exceeding: UNS T30402, ASTM A-681, QQ-T-570, JAE J437, SAE J438.
- Overall length is 7 inches with 3.5 inches of sharp surface or a bit less than the width of most men's hands (please see photos for scale).
All of our American-made fixed blades are produced with environmentally conscious practices and made in the USA.
You may also like
This knife was great. Super sharp and quality I was expecting.